Cut-downs, Cupcakes & Camaïeu
How are you all doing???
We are well into the second month of the year (didn't the New Year go by...like, just the other day???) and this is that fateful month when I'm observing a shopping ban! (Yes...in the middle of the Sale season!!)
And I'm proud to say that:
- I'm quite enjoying my time sans shopping trips to the mall....and my obsessive scrutiny of innumerable items on sale.
- I'm getting more constructive work done while logged on to the internet, now that I'm not excitedly checking out random online shopping portals from all over the world at five minute intervals.
- I'm digging out old treasures from the back of my wardrobe for want of adding some new-ness to my outfits. (In the absence of new clothes, old=new!)
- I'm planning to mix and match one item with multiple others to create new combinations. And getting pleasantly surprised at the ideas I'm coming up with!
- I'm saving quite a bit of dough through all this. Part of which is transforming into a glass of chocolate milkshake here and a black forest pastry there! ;)
- And last, but not the least, I'm having fun looking at the saucer-sized eyes & gaping expressions of my friends when I'm announcing that "I'm on a shopping ban!" :P
A smashing afternoon full of chocolate milkshake, cute cupcakes, melt-in-your-mouth marshmallows & yummy finger food, along with smart make-up ideas, tips on how to look prettier and a fun time friends - that's what! :D
Johanne Mantosh (L) of Scoop got together with Mou Singh Mua (R) of Studio 84 to host a make-up workshop that was the place to be that Friday afternoon if you are a lady who likes to flaunt her looks (And have some scrumptious cupcakes while learning some make-up tips & tricks!)
[Well....we were the only two bloggers who ended up attending the event! :P]
What plans do you all have for V-day? Do share!!! (And make me jealous!)
You all will get to see them in future outfit posts......so keep your curiosity in check for now! :P